You don’t need special equipment to do yoga. You could do yoga just fine as you are, right now.
However, here are a few things that may improve your experience but maybe not. It’s all about your personal preference.
1. Comfortable Clothing: non constrictive clothing can help move freely.
2. Towel: a small towel is great for wiping sweaty hands or a bead of sweat from your brow.
3. A Water Bottle: you might want a sip of water every now and again.
4. Yoga Mat: a yoga mat can create a non slip surface. Depending on the type of floor you have to practice on, you might want a yoga mat, but my parents did yoga on their carpet for months without issue.
5. Yoga Blocks: a set of yoga blocks can be used in a variety of ways to modify a pose to make you more comfortable, provide added support, or stability.
6. Yoga Bolster: a yoga bolsters is a dense pillow (they come in different sizes) used to support a particular part of the body in a yoga pose. It can help you take strain off your body and make a pose more doable.
I would love to see you in one of my yoga classes! Click the link in my bio to register for a class today. The first 30 days of yoga is free!